Itinerary - Winter Budget Tour
Tue 19th Nov
AM: Bus from office to airport.
PM: Flight JS152 from Beijing to Pyongyang, 13:00 departure, arrive Pyongyang 16:25, meet your Korean guides who will accompany you during your stay. En route to the hotel stop off at the Arch of Triumph - similar to the French version (but bigger) - commemorates the liberation from Japanese rule. Check in hotel.
Wed 20th Nov
AM: Drive to Mt. Myohyang, International Friendship Exhibition (giant subterranean halls of gifts to the DPRK’s leaders),
PM: Return to Pyongyang, Fountain Park, Mansudae Grand Monument (giant statues of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il), Kim Il Sung Square, Golden Lane Bowling Centre - Where Pyongyangers go for the ten-pin fix, also features some 90s arcade games
OVERNIGHT: Ryanggang Hotel, Pyongyang
Thu 21st Nov
AM: Kumsusan Memorial Palace (Mausoleum of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il), Revolutionary Martyrs’ Cemetery (bronze busts of anti-Japanese heroes), Pyongyang Folk Village (newly opened park full of scale models showcases Korea’s heritage from the past to the present day)
PM: Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum (Korean War Museum), USS Pueblo (US spy ship captured in 1968), Military Exhibition Centre (newly opened display of military hardware), Pyongyang Metro (extended ride), Juche Tower (150m stone monument allowing for stunning views over Pyongyang from the top)
Fri 22nd Nov
AM: Drive to Kaesong (2.5 hrs) - an historical city near the DMZ which avoided being destroyed in the Korean War, visit the Panmunjom/DMZ - boundary between North and South Korea and the Koryo Museum - preserved Confucian museum in the old part of town,
local park & pavilion
Return to Pyongyang, Schoolchildren’s Palace tour and performance, Paradise micro-brewery & bar
AM: Flight JS151 from Pyongyang to Beijing, 09:00 departure. arrive Beijing 10:00. End of Tour.
Train option (for non-US citizens)
AM: Train from Pyongyang departs at 10:10AM.
PM: Cross border at Sinuiju/Dandong.
OVERNIGHT: On train.
Sun 24th Nov
AM: Train arrives Beijing 08:34AM. End of tour.
TOUR COST: $1,590
DPRK VISA FEE: $75
PRE-TOUR MEETING: Monday 18th November, 4PM, at our office in Beijing
It will be cold during the day and even colder at night. Bring warm clothes. No higher than 10°C.
Room upgrades available – please ask for more information.
TOUR FEE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Flight Beijing-Pyongyang, plane/train Pyongyang-Beijing
- All meals on the tour except on the train out of DPRK – see below
- Hotel accommodations in DPRK
- All entry fees
- Two guides and a driver per group
- All transportation in DPRK
- Transportation to Beijing airport prior to departure to DPRK.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR FEE (all payments paid in cash) :
- Transportation from your country to Beijing and hotel stay in Beijing
- Travel insurance (can be purchased at the pre-tour briefing)
- Optional single room supplement of $60 per night (must be booked in advance and can be pre-paid in US with credit card)
- Spending money for drinks and souvenirs
- DPRK visa fee ($75)
- Tip for the guides (approx $7/day)
- Meals on the train out of DPRK - (bring your own food or eat dinner and lunch in the buffet car approx $10 per person)
- Entry tickets for special events (Revolutionary opera, circus , etc).
- The lift up the Juche Tower (approx $6)
- Meals will have a complimentary beer but you will have to pay for extra drinks above those provided. If you are vegetarian or have special dietary requirements then please inform us beforehand
APPLY FOR THIS TOUR >